RETAINING WALL CONTRACTORS PORTLAND, OR
INCREASE USABLE SPACE & MINIMIZE EROSION
At Tellurian Gardens we specialize in creating beautiful and functional Portland retaining walls that enhance your landscape’s design.
Does your Portland yard feature slopes or uneven terrain? Even if you’re not in one of Portland’s hillier neighborhoods, you may be able to gain usable space or you may be at risk for soil loss due to erosion from rain or other environmental factors.
When you work with the Portland retaining wall builders at Tellurian Gardens, you’ll benefit from our:
- Years of local retaining wall landscaping, construction, and design experience.
- Ability to install or repair a retaining wall in any Portland yard.
- Understanding of codes and installation methods regarding retaining wall construction.
Our retaining wall builders love challenging projects!
Keep reading to learn more about our approach to building and maintaining retaining walls or contact us to get started today.
CUSTOM RETAINING WALL SOLUTIONS
UNDERSTANDING LOCAL REGULATIONS
Some homeowners who try to build their own retaining walls run into issues with local regulations– especially regarding height and structural engineering requirements. If you have questions about what’s required of your retaining wall, just ask. We’re here to help!
CHOOSING THE BEST MATERIAL
The great thing about retaining walls is that they’re more than just functional. At Tellurian Gardens we offer a variety of great materials, including:
- Natural Rock – Extremely durable and adds a natural look to your landscape. Gray basalt is a great locally mined stone that fits most landscapes. There are also a variety ledge stone and veneer stones options as well.
- Block – Block walls have become a great, cost effective way to get an aesthetic wall. The colors and shapes work in almost all landscapes.
- Poured Concrete – Potentially more expensive, a poured concrete retaining wall is extremely durable and requires very little maintenance.
- Brick – Both durable and beautiful, brick can be a great choice for your retaining wall.
ALTERNATIVES TO RETAINING WALLS
Thanks to our extensive retaining wall landscaping and construction experience, we can help you decide if a retaining wall is even needed! In some cases, installing a retaining wall isn’t required to create a beautifully landscaped area. The soil may be stable enough to support plantings and mulching, which will not only provide beauty, but also help control erosion. As the plants grow, their roots will provide additional stability to the soil.
To control erosion in larger sloped areas, we may recommend “hydro seeing.” This involves a mixture of mulch, grass seed, and water sprayed on the surface of the slope to ensure adequate coverage. Then additional trees and shrubs can provide additional protection against erosion.
OUR LANDSCAPING PORTFOLIO
ABOUT TELLURIAN GARDENS
“I’m Scott Schultze. In 2009, I founded Tellurian Gardens. I have over 13 years of landscape design, construction and custom decking experience and have earned a degree in Horticulture with an emphasis in Landscape Design from the University of Nebraska.
Our philosophy is that yards and landscapes need both function and form to succeed. A retaining wall can be both beautiful and functional. You shouldn’t settle for anything less.
Prevent erosion with a custom built retaining wall.
We repair, design, and install retaining walls throughout the Portland Metro area, including Lake Oswego and West Linn. We can’t wait to get to know you!